We commit to equity as a foundation of PSUâ€™s excellence. We define equity as ensuring everyone has access to opportunities necessary to satisfy essential needs, advance their well-being, and achieve their full potential. Our aim is to address the roots of inequities, including but not limited to racism, homophobia, sexism, ableism, classism, and the intersections of these inequities (Let Knowledge Serve the City: Strategic Plan 2016-2020).
In particular, discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, national origin, race, color, marital status, veteran status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information or in the use of Worker's Compensation, Federal Family Medical Leave Act, or the Oregon Medical Leave Act is strictly prohibited byÂ Â and is unlawful.
Equity & Compliance:
- Evaluates and investigates complaints of prohibited discrimination and harassment.
- Assist in addressing systemic concerns based on a protected class.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state affirmative action and equal opportunity laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and its amendments, as well as Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act.
- Oversees Title IX, VI, and VII compliance.
Equity in access, design, and accommodation is an essential component of Equity and Compliance.
If you are a faculty/staff member, including student employees, and would like to request an employee accommodationÂ for your workplace, your request will by processed by the Leaves/Accommodations Team in Human Resources. For more information on employee accommodations, please contact Leaves/Accommodations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student requesting accommodations in your academics, including field placements/internships, your request will be processed by the Disability Resource Center. For more information, please contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 503-725-4150.
Policy & Procedure
There are a variety of policies and procedures that provide the foundation for an environment at PSU that is open, inclusive, and committed to access, diversity, and equity:
- Consensual Relationship Policy
- Equal Opportunity Statement
- Assistance Animal Policy
- Smudging Procedure for University Housing and Residence Life
Instructors Policy and Mandated Obligations
Instructors may find a list of resources for addressing policy and mandated obligations, such as providing accommodations for disabilities, religious practices Â and Title IX accommodations.Â
The office of Equity & Compliance (OEC) within Global Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for monitoring ²ÊÆ±×¢²áËÍ58Ôª's Title IX compliance.Â