²ÊÆ±×¢²áËÍ58Ôª is almost entirely remote for the fall 2020 term. If you are interested in completing one or more terms at Portland State Non-Degree status might be a good option for you.
Non-Degree status is designed for students who wantÂ to take courses at ²ÊÆ±×¢²áËÍ58ÔªÂ but do not plan to complete a degree.Â Non-Degree Entry gives you limited registration access to PSU classes. All credits you receive are fully accredited and transferable to PSU and institutions that accept PSU credits. If you are unsure if Non-Degree status is right for you, contact an admissions representative.
If you previously applied to PSU as aÂ non-degree applicant, your non-degree status is continuous and you can register for classes.
- Have never attended PSU
- Can onlyÂ enroll in 8 or fewer credits per term (21 credits or fewerÂ in summer term)
- CannotÂ pursue a degree from ²ÊÆ±×¢²áËÍ58Ôª
- Cannot receive financial aid
How to Apply
- Go toÂ Â and selectÂ Create an Account. If you have already started an application, or created one for a past term, selectÂ Log In.
- Select oneÂ of the Non-Degree options from the drop down menu: Non-Degree Undergraduate (if you do not have a bachelor's degree) or Non-Degree Graduate (if you have a bachelor's degree)
- Pay theÂ non-refundable $25 application fee; you will be required to pay this via Visa or MasterCard. A $2.00 processing fee will apply.Â
- Keep your browser window open after you submit to view your welcome message and to get your PSU ID number.
- Download and print aÂ Non-Degree Entry form.
- Submit the paper form, along with the non-refundable $25 processing fee, to the Office of Admissions by mail.
- As soon as the form is processed (usually within three business days of PSU receiving the materials), PSU will send you an email with the information you need to register for classes.